Surf and Yoga Retreat
Ladies…. LET’S SURF THIS ONE MORE TIME!
After the incredible success of our first ever WWJ surf trip in North Stradbroke Island, we just couldn’t wait until next summer to do this all over again. This is why, on this occasion, the wild women will be gathering in one of the most iconic surfing spots not only in the East Coast, but in all of Straya: Crescent Head! This epic little surf town has a dreamy point break that is perfectly designed for you to get the best ride of your life (or your first one at all, if that’s the case!). This friendly right-handed wave is known to be suitable to all levels and styles, especially beginners and longboarders. This is why we thought it would be the perfect place for us to have some fun and share some party waves!
To make this idea come to life, we have partnered up with the coolest Surf camp in the area, the one and only: SURFARIS! This awesome surf retreat is a short 5 minute drive from Crescent Head, perfectly located in the lush green rainforest that characterises the NSW landscape; a nourishing environment that will allow you to chill, relax and recharge after our daily and energy-demanding surf seshs. It is also in this beautiful space where we will have the privilege to practice specific Surf Movement Flows designed to enhance your surfing technique as well as wind down with gentle sunrise & sunset Yoga sessions to stretch out all of the muscles used in the water (your back, arms & shoulders will thank you after all that paddling!)
The Surfaris team will also provide us with 3 healthy, yummy, Michelin star meals per day as well as hot drinks and beverages. Did I mention that you have unlimited Barista-made coffee AND complimentary drinks included in your package? Yes, you heard correctly! Are you as excited as we are? If you haven’t been sold already, let’s take a closer look at what our itinerary will look like.
Duration: 5 days
Dates: April 27 - May 1, 2022
Location: Crescent Head - Surfaries.
Group size: 20
Trip Hosts: Fernanda
4 nights accomodation in the coolest surf camp in all the East Coast of Australia - Surfaris! Private and shared rooms available.
Daily surf lessons assisted by 3 wild surfer women!
Daily Yoga, Pilates & Surf Movement flows to improve your surfing technique
Surfboards, wetsuits and all your surfing gear
Yoga mats, yoga props, fitness equipment and a beautiful open space to practice
3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) plus heaps of snacks during the day
All day barista-made coffee (yay!), hot beverages and drinks
Surf photographer & videographer, both in and out of the water - new surfer profile pic alert!
3 workshops based around mindfulness and the practice of gratitude: art, writing & cooking
4WD transport to the different surfing spots
We will be staying at the most iconic surfing retreat center in all the East Coast of Australia: Surfaris! This place holds the best of both worlds: the coastal beauty and its stunning beaches and glassy waves, combined with the peacefulness of the countryside, its gumtrees and unique wildlife.
With an onsite café / bar at your doorstep, you ain’t need to worry about your essential morning coffee or your evening cocktail by the pool, well-deserved after a full day of surfing and physical activity - we’ve got you covered!
If relaxing is not your cuppa tea, the onsite yoga deck is available for use 24/7, fully equipped with yoga mats and props for you to stretch and flow at your own rhythm. If that’s not enough and you are looking for a bit more of an adrenaline rush, we have 4x4 vehicles available to take you on wild adventures through the back roads and sandy beaches of the local area.
KING PRIVATE ENSUITE - $2,299 p.p
Hypoallergenic linen, pillows and mattress
Large flat screen TV
Small fridge with Minibar, tea & coffee.
SHARED QUEEN ROOMS - $1,999 p.p
Shared bathroom facilities
Linen, pillows and mattress
2 Two Queen beds
Fridge & Minibar
This is a beginners level surf and yoga trip, you don't need to have any experience surfing whatsoever. Maybe this will be your first time standing on your board - how exciting! For that, we have created a super welcoming and open space for you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new with like-minded girls.
All other levels are also welcome! Intermediate and advanced surfer girls can benefit from this surf trip by continually reviewing their photo and video content and getting constructive feedback from our 3 professional surf instructors, plus surf coaching whilst on the water.
We will all meet at Surfaris on the 27th of April, check-in time being at 2:00 p.m. To get here, you have 2 options:
Crescent Head is conveniently located exactly in the middle between Brisbane and Sydney, being approximately a 5 hour drive from both locations. If you are visiting us from either city or one of its surrounding areas (Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Central Coast, Newcastle) we highly recommend you to hop on your car and make an epic little road trip out of it! The NSW East Coast is an incredible, rugged environment full of hidden, secret little surfing spots for you to enjoy and use as warm up before the actual trip.
If you are making your way to Crescent from any other part of the country, your best option is to fly to Port Macquarie, which is the closest airport to Crescent Head. From there, it is a short 45 minute drive to get to Surfaris. Please feel free to speak to us if you need help in arranging your transport from Port to Crescent - we will be more than happy to assist you with anything you need :)
What to Pack:
Swimwear, thongs & comfortable, cozy clothes (it can get a bit chilly at this time of the year, especially after spending so much time in the water!)
Yoga clothes / activewear.
Optional to bring your own surfboard & wetsuit
Optional to bring your own yoga mat, otherwise we will provide them.
Sunscreen / zinc, moisturiser, towel, toiletries.
Books, journals, paintings… anything that will make you relax in your free time :)
A small backpack to carry your belongings in during the day.
Optional: BYO yoga mat if you prefer your own mat, otherwise we will provide them.
Please note, this is only an ‘example itinerary’. Given that surfing is an activity that relies heavily on weather and ocean conditions such as tides, swells and winds, our goal is to surf in the best locations and with the most optimal conditions so that you can get the most out of your surfing sesh! :)
Usually, conditions are better in the early morning. Thus, we will try to start the day in the water as early as possible. If not, we will wake up our bodies with a nice, gentle yoga flow at our beautiful beach house before heading out to explore the island!
DAY 1 – 27/04/2022
- Arrival & check-in time will be at 2:00 p.m. at Surfaris reception. We will allocate you into your rooms and allow for some time to get settled into your new temporary home.
- Welcome Women’s Circle, where we will do a brief introduction of ourselves to get to know us a bit more. This essential, initial contact could potentially match you to your best surfer buddy!
- After this, we have no time to waste, ladies – time to jump in the water! We came here to surf, right? We will have our first sunset Surf sesh of the trip. Location will vary depending on the ocean and wind conditions.
- Cheese platters and well-deserved drinks will be waiting for you as soon as you come out of the water.
- Back at Surfaris, you will have time to take a warm shower and put on some nice cozy clothes.
- Dinner will be served at around 7:00 p.m., followed by drinks if that’s what your body needs!
DAY 2 – 28/04/2022
- We will start off the day at 7:00 a.m. with a Surf Movement Flow on the deck based on technique and core-based skills. Expect a mix of Yoga, Pilates and Functional work that will warm up your body before jumping in the water!
- Breakfast & Coffee will be served straight after your 1 hour workout.
- We are now ready for the first SURF SESH of the day! We will be aiming to leave at 9ish.
- Back at the camp, you will eat a yummy Brunch (and more coffee!)
- After, you will have some chill time where you can either go for a walk, read a book, write, or take a sneaky power nap to get you ready for the rest of the day.
- Second SURF SESH of the day! We will leave at 3:00 p.m. to find the next surf location.
- Same as the previous day, you will have time to take a warm shower upon return and get ready for dinner which will be served at 7:00 p.m.
- Time to sleep and replenish your energies!
DAY 3 – 29/04/2022
- Today we will start off the day at 7:00 a.m. with a morning Yoga flow focused on strength, mobility and flexibility. And, of course, some Sun Salutations to warm you up!
- Brekkie & coffee will be served straight after your Yoga sesh.
- SURFING TIME! We will be leaving at 9ish.
- Back at camp, you will be in charge of ‘cooking’ your own Brunch today. Fernanda will teach you how to make delicious, Hawaiian Poke Bowls!
- After this, you will have some chill time where you can either go for a walk, read a book, write, or take a sneaky power nap to get you ready for the rest of the day.
- At 4:00 p.m. we will gather at the deck for a SURF ART WORKSHOP! How cool is that? One of our wild surf instructors will introduce us to the mindful practice of mandala painting. This activity will provide us with an opportunity to unleash our creative, artistic selves by painting on old, broken surfboards which we will be able to take home as souvenirs and maybe hang on our bedroom walls!
- If you haven't already, you will have time to shower and get ready for dinner, which will be served at 7ish.
- After dinner, we will have a SURF VIDEO CONTENT REVIEW! Here, we will take a closer look at your surfing technique, providing you with constructive feedback to improve your surfing practice. We will also take a look at the wipeout queenzzz of the day – I can assure you this is the best part!
- Time to get some beauty sleep ladies! Zzzz…
DAY 4 – 30/04/2022
- Wakey Wakey! Get ready for a 7:00 a.m. Pilates Session focused on core strength guided by Fernanda (embrace the burn!).
- Brekkie & coffee will be served straight after your Pilates sesh.
- SURFING TIME! We will be leaving at 9ish.
- Back at camp, you will eat a yummy Brunch (and more coffee!)
- After this, you will have some chill time where you can either go for a walk, read a book, write, or take a sneaky power nap to get you powered up for the rest of the day.
- At 3:00 p.m., we will drive you to a secret little spot where Fernanda will guide you through a JOURNALING & CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP J
- We will watch the Sunset here with some snacks and drinks.
- Back at camp, you will have some time to get ready for dinner which will be served, as always, at around 7:00 p.m.
- Beers, wine & cocktails will be available for everyone at the bar to commemorate our last night of the trip! Be careful with the unlimited bar tap though, we still have one more surf left to go in the morning!
DAY 5 – 01/05/2022
- Ladies, grab your snacks and takeaway coffees and get ready for the last surf of the trip! We will be leaving at 7ish.
- Back at camp, you will eat a yummy Brunch (and more coffee!)
- You will also have some time to shower and pack up your things.
- Closing Women’s circle at the deck, where we will share our thoughts, feelings, emotions and reflections of the trip with everyone.
- After this, we will proceed to watch all together the final SURF CLIP! This video will be a compilation of the most memorable moments of the trip. Both the video as your individual surf photos and recordings will be shared with you via Dropbox.
- Time to say goodbye.. actually, it’s not a goodbye – it’s a see you later!