Wild Women Kakadu Adventure
The sunny "top end" of the Northern Territory is pure tropical paradise! With dozens of waterfalls and crystal clear springs, it is the perfect place to escape the aussie winter and explore our backyard. We will spend 5 days hiking, swimming and camping on the adventure of a life time.
Explore the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park, including Gunlom falls, Jim Jim falls, and Ubirr lookout.
Sleep under the brilliant outback stars around a campfire.
Learn about the indigenous culture on the Guluyambi Cultural Cruise.
Visit the incredible Katherine Gorge (optional boat cruise)
Create life long friendships with a group of adventurous women.
Explore the waterholes and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park.
Duration: 5 days
Start & Finish: Darwin
Group size: 16
Dates coming soon!
Camp gear: swag, sleeping bag, tent.
Transport to all destinations.
All meals: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners; plus lots of yummy snacks.
Guluyambi Cultural Cruise.
National park passes & campsite fees.
2 accredited local guides.
This is an active trip involving short walks every day. You can expect to walk 3-6km each day as we explore rock holes and waterfalls. The exact hikes we choose to do will depend on the climate on the day, and what regions are open. Bring a sturdy pair of walking shoes/boots as we will be crossing a variety of terrains.
Kakadu and the top end national parks feature many beautiful waterholes and waterfalls. Certain waterholes are managed to remove crocodiles creating perfect swimming opportunities during the dry season.
This trip will begin in Darwin at 7am on the first day of the trip. You will be picked up from your accomodation of choice in Darwin. Please email your pickup location to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This trip will finish in Darwin at 5pm on the final day of the adventure. You will be dropped off at any location of your choice. Your departure flights should not be untill the following day just incase of any delays.
What to Bring:
Sturdy walking shoes/boots
Light summer clothing
Jacket (nights can be cool)
Power bank (power points are limited at most campgrounds)
Day pack (small backpack to use during day times)
Luggage is limited to a small (approx 10kg) duffle bag per person.
Day 1: Kakadu National Park
- Depart Darwin at 7am for Kakadu National Park, stopping for a break at the iconic Australian Bark Hut Inn.
- Lunch at East Alligator River.
- Experience the Guluyambi Cultural Cruise on the East Alligator River.
- Sunset at Ubirr.
- Camp near Jabiru township. Tonight there will be showers and toilets.
Day 2: Kakadu National Park
- Wake up to the sunrise and sounds of tropical birds at our campground, followed by breakfast and packing up camp.
- Visit Nourlangie Rock Art site and have a guided talk about indigenous culture.
- Explore Maguk waterfall where we can swim and relax. It is a short walk to reach this waterhole.
- Drive to Gunlom falls where we will have a swim and set up camp for the night.
Day 3: Mataranka and Bitter Springs
- Have a relaxed morning swimming at gunlom and pack up camp.
- Drive to Mataranka, stopping at Edith Falls for lunch along the way. (3.5 hr drive total)
- Explore the crystal clear Mataranka Hot Springs and Bitter Springs.
- Camp at Bitter Springs camp ground.
Day 4: Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk NP)
- Have an early wake up to drive to Katherine Gorge (1 hr) in Nitmiluk National Park.
- There is an optional extra of booking a boat cruise through the gorge or a 4 hour kayak trip (depending on availability on the day). More info given upon booking.
- For those not going on the boat cruise there is a short walk to a lookout over the gorge and cultural center to visit.
- Drive to Batchelor where we will camp for the night (3 hrs), stopping for a break at the heritage listed Pine Creek.
Day 5: Litchfield National Park
- This morning will be a relaxed morning as we pack up camp and head to Buley Rockhole for a swim in the cascadeing waterfall.
- Next we will take the short drive to Florence Falls, the highlight of Litchfield National Park.
- Our last spot of the day will be Wangi Falls, an incredible waterfall where you can swim or go on a walk to a high lookout.
- This will bring us to the end of our adventure and we will head back to Darwin (1 hr drive). You will be dropped off at your accomodation and we can arrange a farewell dinner to celebrate the end of our trip.